Founded in 1994, St. Joseph School is a Catholic
school offering instruction in preschool through 8th grade. St. Joseph School focuses on Teaching the
Whole Child, Academic Excellence and providing a Supportive
St. Joseph School, as a ministry of the parish, forms the hearts and minds
of children through the example of Jesus Christ. We provide a dynamic
academic experience and cultivate spiritual growth, in accord with the
teachings of the Catholic Church. We do this to empower our students to
recognize and use their gifts for the good of God's Kingdom.
St. Joseph School is committed to inspiring and educating the whole child:
heart, mind and soul. Every student is formed in God’s image and we
recognize each as a unique individual. Partnering with parents, their first
teachers, and set in a parish environment rooted in Catholic Tradition, we
prepare them to be spiritually active Catholics, lifelong learners, persons
of character and socially responsible citizens. Therefore our students will
be fully alive as the presence of Christ in our world.
Teaching the Whole Child
We foster lifelong learners who are spiritually active and socially
responsible citizens of character.
- Our experienced teachers recognize each student as unique and honor
individual learning style
- Spirituality is developed through participation in prayer, liturgy, and
- Students participate in service and outreach to help make them aware of
the needs and opportunities for assistance in their local and global
- In addition to our state certified classroom teachers, highly qualified
specialists instruct students in art, music, technology, and physical
- To further enrich the learning experience, enrichment courses - art,
choir, band, Spanish, drama, speech, and robotics - are available to middle school
Our Washington State certified teachers emphasize a core
curriculum of language arts, literature, mathematics, social studies, science,
and religion. Technology is integrated into all subject areas.
- Our academic excellence is reflected in our strong
IOWA Test scores. We consistently rank higher than 95% of schools across
- Ours LARS Program (Language Arts, Arithmetic and
Reading Support program) provides additional reading and mathematics
support to our students.
- Small class sizes create the best learning
environment for students.
- Class sizes range from 18 to 22 students which allows
teachers to work with small groups. Instructional assistants provide
additional classroom support in grades K-5.
St. Joseph offers an extraordinarily committed staff
and parent community.
- Strong teacher-parent collaboration enriches the
educational experience and community feeling.
- All families enrich our environment by volunteering
within the community. Activities include: working in the classroom,
coaching CYO sports, leading Scouts or the Chess Club, helping in parish
ministries, and coordinating school events.
- We offer extended care before and after school and
bus service between campuses.