Our Mission and Philosophy
Founded in 1994, St. Joseph School is a Catholic school offering instruction in preschool through 8th grade curriculum. SJS focuses on Teaching the Whole Child, Academic Excellence and providing a Supportive Community for all students.
St. Joseph School, as a ministry of the parish, forms the hearts and minds of children through the example of Jesus Christ. We provide a dynamic academic experience and cultivate spiritual growth, in accord with the teachings of the Catholic Church. We do this to empower our students to recognize and use their gifts for the good of God's Kingdom.
St. Joseph School is committed to inspiring and educating the whole child: heart, mind and soul. Every student is formed in God’s image and we recognize each as a unique individual. Partnering with parents, their first teachers, and set in a parish environment rooted in Catholic Tradition, we prepare them to be spiritually active Catholics, lifelong learners, persons of character and socially responsible citizens. Therefore our students will be fully alive as the presence of Christ in our world.
We foster lifelong learners who are spiritually active and socially responsible citizens of character.
- Our experienced teachers recognize each student as unique and honor their individual learning style
- Spirituality is developed through participation in prayer, liturgy, and the sacraments.
- Students participate in service and outreach to help make them aware of the needs and opportunities for assistance in their local and global communities.
- In addition to our state certified classroom teachers, highly qualified specialists instruct students in art, music, technology, and physical education.
- To further enrich the learning experience, enrichment courses - art, choir, band, Spanish, drama, speech, coding and robotics - are available to middle school students.
Our Washington State certified teachers emphasize a core curriculum of language arts, literature, mathematics, social studies, science, and religion. Technology is integrated into all subject areas.
- Our academic excellence is reflected in our strong MAP Test scores. We consistently rank higher than 95% of schools across the nation.
- Ours LARS Program (Language Arts, Arithmetic and Reading Support program) provides additional reading and mathematics support to our students.
- Small class sizes create the best learning environment for students.
- Class sizes range from 18 to 22 students which allows teachers to work with small groups. Instructional assistants provide additional classroom support in grades K-5.
St. Joseph offers an extraordinarily committed staff and parent community.
- Strong teacher-parent collaboration enriches the educational experience and community feeling.
- All families enrich our environment by volunteering within the community. Activities include: working in the classroom, coaching CYO sports, leading Scouts or the Chess Club, helping in parish ministries, and coordinating school events.
- We offer extended care before and after school and bus service between campuses.