St. Joseph Preschool is devoted to providing a quality early childhood program within a warm and caring Catholic community and the community at large. The environment is rich in materials that promote the spiritual, physical, creative, social, emotional and intellectual growth of young children. We foster a love of learning while developing kindergarten readiness skills. We value the uniqueness of each child and seek to teach an awareness of being loved by God.
Highlights of our Program
- After school care is available for SJS Pre-K students 3:20—6:00 pm for an additional charge. Care is available once a student reaches their 5th birthday.
- After school bus service is available for SJS Pre-K students to Snoqualmie Ridge and North Bend for an additional charge. Students are eligible to ride the bus once they reach their 5th birthday.
- Offers structured, developmentally appropriate activities that include pre-reading, math readiness, science, social studies, art activities, music, nature, movement, and dramatic play
- Develops Kindergarten readiness skills
- Enhances self-esteem by allowing children to make choices
- Respects child’s learning style
- Builds self-confidence by encouraging self-help skill development
- Trained Professional Staff
- Thematic, creative and play based curriculum
- Balance of child directed and teacher directed activities
- A variety of age-appropriate materials
- Positive, warm interactions among teachers and children
- Ongoing teacher/parent communication
- Respects cultural and religious diversity
- Develops fine and large motor skills
- Develops a love of God and sense of spirituality
- Visibly integrates Gospel values throughout the class day
- Follows NAEYC guidelines
- Spacious, child-centered classroom
- Teacher Student Ratio
- Pre-3's - 2 to 15
- Pre-4's - 2 to 17
- Pre-K - 2 to 17
- Encourages and welcomes parental involvement
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
- Lunch bunch available for Pre-4 (M & W) and Pre-K (T, TH, & F) from 11:45 - 12:30 pm for an additional charge.